PHP programming begins in 1995. Since then, PHP has become the most popular programming language for Web applications. PHP powered many popular websites.An overwhelming majority of scripts and Web projects are built with the popular language.By huge popularity of PHP’s, it has become almost impossible for Web developers not to have at least a working knowledge of PHP.
8 excellent techniques that are listed below, PHP developers should learn and use every time they program. By these tips,it will speed up proficiency and make the code much more cleaner, responsive and more optimized for performance.
1. Use SQL Injection Cheat Sheet: SQL injection is a nasty thing. An SQL injection is a security exploit that allows a hacker to dive into your database using a vulnerability in your code. Furruh Mavituna has a very nifty SQL injection cheat sheet that has a section on vulnerabilities with PHP and MySQL. If you can avoid the practices the cheat sheet identifies, your code will be much less prone to scripting attacks.
2. Know about Operators: The PHP operators are used to compare two values (number or string) like Arithmetic operators,Assignment operators,Comparison operators,Increment/Decrement operators,Logical operators,String operators,Array operators.
3. Drop those Brackets: Much like using shortcuts when writing else functions, you can also save some characters in the code by dropping the brackets in a single expression following a control structure.
4. Favour str_replace() over ereg_replace() and preg_replace(): In case of efficiency, str_replace() is much more efficient than regular expressions at replacing strings. Making the Web, str_replace() is 61% more efficient than regular expressions like ereg_replace() and preg_replace().
5. Use Ternary Operators: Instead of using an if-else statement altogether, use ternary operator. The ternary operator used for frees up line space and makes your code less cluttered.By this code is easier to scan. Take care of ,not to use more than one ternary operator in a single statement, because PHP doesn’t always know what to do in those situations.
6. Memcached: There are tons of caching options, Memcached keeps topping the list as the most efficient for database caching. It’s not the easy to implement caching system, but if you’re making a website in PHP that uses a database, Memcached can certainly speed it up. Caching structure for Memcached was first built for the PHP-based blogging website LiveJournal.
7. Use a Framework: You may not be able to use a PHP framework for every project you create, but frameworks like Zend, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Symfony can greatly decrease the time spent developing a website. A Web framework is software that can help speed up development. Frameworks help eliminate some of the overhead in developing Web applications and Web services.If you are doing repetitive tasks in programming, by Framework you will able to develop a website at a faster rate.By using framework,you have to do less code and less debug and testing.
8. Use isset instead of strlen: While checking the length of a string, use isset instead of strlen. By using isset in PHP, your calls will be about five times quicker.By using isset, your call will still be valid if the variable doesn’t exist.